Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Digital Painted Backgrounds

In this post I will present 3 digital backgrounds. They were not commercial, I just painted them for fun.

The first picture is what I called "Lava Volcanoes" and you can see why is that. I remember that I got my digital tablet in June 2006, once it was in my hands I started painting whatever I could. So it came to my mind the idea of mountains, orange color, purple, a sad sky, I didn't want to paint a happy place or just  a nice environment. Most people thought my inspiration was the Ecuadorian Andes mountains but the truth is, it was one of my favorite movie-art-books: The Art Of Star Wars: Episode III.



Now this image is basically a photo with a few spaceships painted over it. I remember I took this picture from my room. I lived in the valley of Cumbaya, just 15 minutes from the Ecuadorian capital city: Quito. Behind those mountains is the city, so you can tell in Ecuador we are mostly surrounded by mountains (in the highlands I mean).



The last one is a fully illustrated sky. Last year (2010) I got a call from a friend and she told me some guys were looking for a team of artists to develop an iPhone game. Our proposition seemed to be the best but unfortunately the game never came to be. It all stuck in after we presented our character designs, a background and an animation test. The story was something about samurais but the gameplay was supposed to allow you to go back and forward through the different levels. Enough said, take a look!!


No comments:

Post a Comment