Monday, June 27, 2011

Mini Marathon Ciudad de Quito TV Spots

With my friends at Productores Render I got the chance to do my first TV commercial on my own, at least a part of it. For two consecutive years I was involved with the Mini Marathon TV commercials. First year I only did one, cut-out animation technique was used for both characters that were already designed by the time I came in.

Take a look at the "third edition" of the Mini Marathon commercial (May 2008), the first 15 seconds were done by myself overnight. Funny thing, I thought that working overnight was already over once I was done with studying... I was wrong. In the animation industry you have to be ready for this sort of things.



Now here is the TV commercial I work on for the "fourth edition" (May 2009). I did a couple that were very similar. Here is one of them. First 11 seconds were animated by myself, backgrounds are also mine. That year I designed two new characters because we were asked to show the wide etnicity that Ecuador has. The rest of the commercial will show you a few illustrated backgrounds I did with photographic reference. Too bad the lip-sync was not accurate; it was requested when the commercial was already done.

No comments:

Post a Comment