Friday, September 16, 2011

Rotoscoping - 2D illustrations (Reina de Quito 2010-2011)

Here are some scenes from the 12 spots that I worked on in 2010. By the end of every year, Quito (Ecuador's capital city) celebrates its foundation anniversary. And so, a new Queen is elected for a one-year-term. This event is known as Queen of Quito ("Reina de Quito" in spanish).

A few months ago I got the chance to work on 12 spots, each one for each candidate. My job was to put some 2D artwork, clean up the streets or the sky and so on. It was kind of easy but like any rotoscoping gig, it takes a lot of time and patience to work with masks. I worked in After Effets, Toon Boom Studio and Photoshop. I only take credit for the illustrations. The spots were developed to introduce the candidates to the city of Quito and Ecuador of course.


No comments:

Post a Comment