Friday, July 15, 2011

2D Backgrounds - Nature Landscapes

This backgrounds are the ones I enjoyed the most. Most of the backgrounds done for the "Informative for Democracy" were illustrated in Toon Boom Studio. In this post you will see a different style.

Highlands
As you can see there is no contour lines on these images. One day I was asked to do something different and I did it. I just sat down in front of the computer, opened photoshop and began painting with my tablet. Once I finished the first background they told me "you are going for something more realistic now, go for it". In the third image you will see I put some texture, it was the only time.







Mother - children farewell
Here I did the same. Texture images were used for the house. The school that is far away in the back was done by another illustrator.




Coast
For these backgrounds I had to use photographic reference. A few texture images were provided also. First image depicts a random beach, the second one, the city of Manta.



Amazon rainforest
This is one of the very first backgrounds I did for this huge project. I knew that more TV Spots were on their way so I was like "I'm going to need a lot of stuff in the future". From that time on, I illustrated a lot of single objects. For the next projects I had a library that was just getting bigger and bigger. This background was composed from single objects in After Effects. it was used to show oil extraction.

2 comments:

  1. The background you have posted in this article and I really enjoy the information you have published before. Thanks for this constructive article. 2d animation video

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome!!! One thing I forgot to say is that you should never invent the real world. First you need to go out there and see how it behaves. Then take with you what's working and start developing that skill. In time you should star tweaking some stuff in order to get some fantasy worlds, etc.
    In a few words it should read like this: once you have learned the rules, you can start bending them.

    ReplyDelete