Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Recyclables

A few shots from the 2D/3D animation project written by Fatima Viteri. I was in charge of 3D animation, compositing and audio post-production. This project was developed by a group of Ecuadorian artists on Fatima's request. She presented this 3-episode cartoon as part of her thesis project for the Catholic University of Leuven, in Belgium.

This was the very first shot from Episode 1, the bottle-shaped spaceship was modeled and animated in Maya by myself. The space background was painted by a former mentor and good friend of mine, Ecuadorian animator Gustavo Idrovo.



In this second shot, you will see another spaceship that I modeled. I did all the animation in both scenes (including the falling liquid) except for the characters and the spaceship's interior.



Now the spaceship is about to land in our planet. The smoke and compositing where done in After Effects.



Here you will see a compilation of some of the 3D vehicles that I animated. Please keep in mind that they were provided to me, I am not the author nor the owner. My job was to animate them and do the final compositing.

No comments:

Post a Comment